Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Thanksgiving Shuffle

Being a child of divorce, I learned at a young age the Holiday Shuffle, start at Moms Family then to Dads family. Now add the Wife's family it gets interesting. This Thanksgiving will start off by going to the massive undertaking of Dads family where all the clan of sisters, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and friends, all told approximately 25-30 folk. Then a quick stop at MelanieWelanies for a quieter, but brief celebration. Then off to work, to lounge around full of Turkey and trimmings. While the Wife and the Little One will head on to my In Laws for another celebration.

Don't get me wrong I am not sad about being a child of divorce, I got to have Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter and Birthdays twice. That was always pretty sweet.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and Don't hurt yourself on all the good grub!

2 comments:

Melanie Welanie said...

Thanks for stopping by guys! Are you all filled to the gills?

Amen!-by the way-to the shuffle. :)

sharp as a marble said...

I am a slick one, I burnt my gills on nuked potatoes. I will be paying for that for a while. HAHA.

The quiet get together at your house was very nice and refreshing, and all had a good time. Thank You for the invite.

Hope your thanksgiving was good, mine was great.