Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lets talk kids

Sleep just is not the plentiful in my house still. Z is getting her days and nights squared away, she gets up to eat about 3 times a night. If the child would eat and go to sleep that would be awesome, but she prefers to sleep while eating so the eating process takes alot longer than it normally would. With the 2 of them A is up Z is sleeping, Z is up A is sleeping. There is never any rest in between. I feel bad for the wife while I get a break from the baby drama she is stuck in the house alot mere than me.


The other thing we are working on is the potty training. We have the book, we have the movie, we have the inspirational posters in the bathroom, and the stickers you get to use when you do use the potty. The main problem that has arisen, A is afraid of the potty
She knows where her little messes go. When you ask if she would like to sit on the potty, you get a very quick, No! If you would try to sit her on the potty she screams, afraid the evil toilet will eat her backside or something.
She does use the potty for other things. Her potty chair makes a great stool for hand washing, face washing, and tooth brushing. Anything aside from those activities is totally out of the question. I would like to say that I feel very inspired when I do the things that I should. The poster says to;
Don't Ignore the feeling
Tell an adult
Use just a small amount of paper to wipe with
Don't forget to Flush
Wash your hands
The only thing I try not to do is tell an adult, lets face it The Wife is the only adult around 99% of the time and she really doesn't care what I do in there. Lets just hope A gets it soon and Z picks it up from her big sister quickly when the time comes.

2 comments:

Mom of Dippy, Dingy & Goofy said...

Hang in there. Goofy is a few months older than A and not pottying yet either! My first two were done in less than a month! We've been working with him since before Thanksgiving. It's got to happen eventually, right?

Also, it's nice to know that you don't always tell an adult. Dumbledork ALWAYS tells me! He will even call from work to tell me he has to go.

Melanie Welanie said...

BB always fell asleep when it was time to eat. Frustrating, I know. I feel for ya!
The thing about the kids' timing on the potty was always on their time. Never mine. When they were ready, they were done quick. I just had to wait. I didn't like the waiting.
Hubby always told me, "They won't be doing this when they're 30." I see that now.
Good luck!